When it comes to medical linen management and maintenance, the considerations are never simply a matter of quality vs. convenience. The choices you make about how you take care of your medical facility’s linens affects too many facets of your operations, like patient satisfaction, hygiene and infection control protection, overhead costs, etc.
Is there really a linen management and maintenance choice that could give you the best in quality, convenience, and cost-efficiency? Let’s break down the two most popular options and compare: should you be renting or buying your medical linen?
Pros and Cons of Buying Medical Linen
- One-off purchase. Purchasing linens means never having to deal with recurring monthly fees from rentals.
- Exact purchase. You’ll have exactly the kind of medical linens and garments that you want, for the amount you deem necessary for your facility.
- Storage. Buying your own linens means having to allocate space to store them in – and linens do need quite a substantial amount of storage space!
- Inflexibility. When you buy your linens, you are purchasing only a finite amount and you are running the risk of not having enough linens on peak days.
- Large upfront cost. Compared to medical linen rental where you only have to pay for what you use for a given period, purchasing your linens means you need a large sum of money to pay for the bulk of linens that you are going to buy at once.
Pros and Cons of Renting Medical Linens
- No upfront costs. Medical linen rental saves you from the cost of large, bulk purchases; you only have to pay for what you have used.
- Wide-ranging options. Topnotch medical linen service providers have a large selection of products to choose from, allowing you access to products you may never get inexpensively, if at all, by purchasing.
- Supply flexibility. Renting your medical linen allows you to adjust your supplies according to your needs. With the right linen service provider, you’ll never have to worry about last-minute changes in your deliveries and you are sure to have your linen needs accommodated.
- Better quality maintenance. Rental service comes with topnotch laundry services that give you the assurance that your healthcare linens and garments are cared for according to the strictest industry standards so you and your facility are protected against cross-contamination.
- Smaller storage requirement. Compared to having your own inventory of linens, medical linen rental only requires you to provide enough space for a shorter given period.
- Long-term contract. Perhaps the biggest risk with medical linen rental is its long-term contract requirement. However, if you work with a company that has a great reputation and that you feel comfortable with, a long-term contract shouldn’t be a problem.
The Key to Successful Medical Linen Rental
With so much to gain, it seems like renting is the best way to go with your medical linen management and maintenance. However, the biggest risk you have to contend with when it comes to renting your linens is with the choice of linen service company you work with.
To ensure quality, convenience, and success with your medical linens, look for a linen service provider that:
- Specializes in medical linen services. Different industries have different laundry and linen care requirements; for your medical facility, you need a linen service provider that knows what these requirements are and has the capacity to meet them;
- Has state-of-the-art facilities. Better, more high-tech laundry and linen care facilities do not only give you the guarantee of better results; they also help ensure more efficient solutions for your facility, delivering services on-time and accurately.
- Delivers personalized services. Your linen service partner should, first of all, understand that your business’ linen management needs are unique to you and solutions cannot be cookie-cutter. The right linen service provider is one that is willing to create adaptive solutions to suit your business’ needs and be accessible to address your changing needs.
Get this outstanding medical linen rental service today with the help of FDR Healthcare Laundry Specialists! We have the widest range of services and products designed especially for the healthcare industry.
Contact FDR Today!
To learn more about what FDR can do for your business or to get a free quote for your facility, contact us at 1-800-FDR-0097!